As I see the headlines: “Trump won’t concede the election” over and over again on a daily basis, I cannot sit by and stay quiet anymore. I will be writing something to all of you from a place of highly-sourced research from documentaries/books/journals, my personal experience with the department of human services here in Denver, and my in-depth and year-long activism against divisive hate.
I realize that without Donald Trump, there will still be people like this…however, when we accept a president into our government, we are accepting his influence on younger generations, vulnerable populations, and policies we live with everyday.
He and people like him are why this planet and our human race are doomed for war, depletion of resources, and constant, divisive hate roaring through our streets.
He is trying to teach 256.9 million US adults, 74.1 million US children, and everyone else paying attention around the world propagandist lessons that will insidiously creep through our nation’s future…until we can all see it so plainly to be able to squash it once again:
Donald is saying that it is okay to not accept failure
- Not accepting failure is an attitude of people who incite violence, sexually exploit or force, and consistently hurt those around them in a mental, emotional, and physical way…instead of going back to the drawing board (taking a pause), seeing what went wrong (taking a breath), and trying to build a better platform of success for next time (moving forward with resilience…not haste and denial)
- Once we actually can accept imperfection, then we are more able to build a successful personal life, connect in loving relationships with others, have thriving communities, and create a better relationship with the resources and nature we have left on this planet
- He is especially hypocritical in the last few months given that the electoral college (what he believes should be reserving him the win) is one of the most flawed ways of winning an election only surpassed by flagrant voter suppression and marketing propaganda
Donald is saying it is okay to not accept immigrants
- Ironically, those who are not Native Americans are immigrants
- Forgetting or staying silent about the history of colonization makes it okay to continue bulldozing people and communities when the wealthy and privileged need more room
Donald is saying it is okay to not accept individuals of color, disabled individuals, LGBTQ+ individuals, lower class individuals, elderly individuals, women, and those who are unmarketable (physical appearances, etc)
- This world is full of differences and so few people look like the status quo presented in the media and policies
- We need a variety of perspectives to ensure all of our voices are heard
- We need egalitarian power distribution so not only one group has a say in the millions of local communities in our nation
- We need to start remembering that all human beings (no matter what) deserve love, dignity, and opportunity
Donald is saying it is okay to not accept criminals
- Not seeing criminals as a product of systemic oppression will only profit the prison system…not our communities
- As soon as we call people “vermin” (or today’s word: “criminal”), we will have people believing in dehumanizing propaganda and will start to kill, cage, or oppress whoever the powerful thinks is “bad”
- All humans deserve care, respect, and resources because we cannot live or become happy without feeding our basic needs.
- For example, there are many people, like myself, who believe those with mental illness and criminal backgrounds didn’t grow up with the necessary resources to be able to face the world in their own, chosen, healthy, and loving way
- Quick side note – there are so many people in prison that should not be there because they couldn’t post bail, because of some misdemeanor fine they couldn’t pay, or because many other systemically oppressive reasons
- Those who were lucky enough to be born into resources or fortunate enough to achieve them would like to support those less privileged. Because what is happening in prison instead is shame and punitive treatment until they believe that is the only type of person they can be. We fill them with hate and then send them back to society. Just imagine if our education system treated our children this way (and in some passive ways, they do)
- I believe that so much of our population needs rehabilitation in some way or another in order to be a part of a community and family in a much more connected, happy, and beneficial way…this is just a fact of being imperfect human beings
Donald is saying it is okay to only accept wealthy people and big corporations
- The US can be considered great because of the opportunity to start small businesses in a free market, yet big corporations will be the majority of businesses left surviving after this pandemic
- The distribution of wealth and an uncapped economic system is causing poverty, a divided class system, lack of resources for a majority of local communities, consistent failures in our national economy, homelessness, and a monopoly on opinions and policy in our nation without the perspectives from the neighborhoods that can be impacted the most
Trump takes criticism insecurely and immaturely, he shouts before he thinks, and his wealth and success were created only from a platform of unearned privilege
- He is not a person who should be in the limelight
- He needs significant help mentally and emotionally
- And yet, millions of people follow him blindly into the darkest and most divisive places we can create as human beings